Ngowane, Pelargonium sidoides and African Ginger formula Tincture
Anti-Asthma is a blend of African herbs traditionally used for:
* Asthma, chronic respiratory illnesses and infections such as bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia & rhinopharyngitis
* Recommended for emphysema patients
1) Enhances the body’s functioning and protects it against diseases
2) Antibacterial properties
3) Is rich in phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and amino acids4) Can be used externally on sores, cuts, bites and infections
Dr. Manuel Raivoso, a pulmonary specialist, in a TV interview, publicly admitted: “Whenever I exhaust all means available to me, I generally refer my patients to an herbalist, who seems able to treat chronic asthma”. In a study of his own patients, of the 121 patients treated with Ngowane, 98 showed no further symptoms of asthma, even after four years of observation. It was Dr. Raivoso that personally took Tr/Dr. R Carvalho to the herbalist. To date, Dr. Raivoso’s chronic patients are still referred to the herbalist. This is the best testimonial to the efficacy of Ngowane.
Pelargonium sidoides (Umckaloabo):
The roots of Pelargonium sidoides have been used successfully in the treatment of chronic respiratory illnesses such as asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia.
The successful treatment of tuberculosis with Umckaloabo was acknowledged in the early 1920’s. Extracts of the root have been available in Germany since 1983 without prescription and have found widespread usage against infections of the sinus, throat and respiratory tract. Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies on patients with acute bronchitis confirmed that extracts of p.sidoides were effective in treating this ailment. Similar studies have also shown the effectiveness of p.sidoides extracts for treating tonsillopharyngitis in children in the age group 6-10 years (Phytopharmaka VII, October 2001). Encouraging results have also been achieved with children, especially those who have not responded well to repeated treatment with antibiotics.
The alcoholic extract of the root has been shown to have a three-way effect:
1) Anti-bacterial: The Pelargonium sidoides extract prevents bacteria from attaching to cells in the mucous membranes.
2) Antiviral effect: Similarly, Pelargonium sidoides prevents viruses from attaching to the mucous membrane cells and stimulates the body’s immune system in such a way that both bacteria and viruses are prevented from multiplying.
3) Expectorant: the extract acts as an expectorant, allowing the body to expel contaminated mucous making conditions less suitable for the multiplication of the bacteria and viruses.
The three-way effect attacks the acute infection at its root, the stabilization of the immune system prevents a re-infection and the vicious circle of infection and new infection is broken. Due to its bacteriostatic and immune-modulating characteristics, Pelargonium sidoides is a good alternative to the conventional therapy of treating respiratory illnesses with antibiotics.
Anti-Asthma is a tincture of Ngowane, Pelargonium sidoides, African Ginger, Chinese Ginger & Garlic.
Dosage and Directions for use:
Shake well before using.
Adults: 5 drops 3 times daily in 10 ml of water or under the tongue.
Children (6-12): 2 to 3 drops 3 times daily in 10 ml of water or juice. May be sweetened with honey.
Consult your medical practitioner if symptoms persist.
Patients with a hypersensitivity to any of the plant species or ingredients. If inclined to experience bleeding or if liver and kidney illnesses are present. Not to be taken during pregnancy.